Atlanta Workers' Compensation Lawyer
Talk to a Sandy Springs Attorney for Free: (888) 665-7699
Have you been injured on the job? You deserve to have an Atlanta worker's comp attorney on your side who understands what you are going through and who can offer compassionate, supportive legal representation.
At Kaleita Law Firm, LLC, we are proud to offer just that to the injured as well as their loved ones. When an injury or condition occurs due to circumstances at your place of work, it is time to seek benefits—as you have the right to do.
The workers' compensation system was set up to protect both workers and employers. In its simplicity, you would expect to get paid benefits to help you survive during the period of recovery from a work-related accident. In practice, however, it can become more complicated. That is why you need skilled legal counsel from a lawyer you can trust.
Why give our workers’ comp law firm a call?
- Backed by over 30 years of experience
- Millions of dollars in verdicts & settlements
- No fee unless we are able to win your case
- Free case evaluation to discuss your situation
If you have been injured due to a work-related accident, contact us today to get experienced legal counsel.
Workers' Compensation Terms That You Should Know
Although every state has different laws when it comes to workers' comp, there are some universal terms that you should know.
The common terminology that you will need to know includes:
- Permanent Partial Disability (PPD) - Permanent disability but not completely disabled
- Permanent Total Disability (PTD) - Permanently and completely disabled
- Temporary Partial Disability (TPD) - Employee is still able to work despite their injuries
- Temporary Total Disability (TTD) - Employee is unable to work for duration of time
Benefits & Settlement in Atlanta Workers' Comp Claims
Even in cases in which it is completely clear that injuries sustained are work-related, the workers' comp system can be confusing, difficult, and complex to deal with. If you are searching for a workplace injury lawyer in Sandy Springs, we can help! At Kaleita Law Firm, LLC we are committed to helping our clients get their workers' compensation claim resolved as quickly as possible, and with the least amount of stress and confusion. Find out more about workers' compensation by accessing our site pages about workplace injuries and get basic answers by clicking on our page workers' comp FAQ. We serve all the communities in North Georgia!
Top Mistakes for Injured Workers to Avoid
Have you been injured while working on the job? If so, you are probably experiencing feelings of frustration, anxiety and possibly anger. In times like these it is very important to get educated on the Georgia workers' compensation system because any wrong move could be detrimental to the success of your claim.
When filing a workers' comp claim it is important to remember that insurance companies are a business and their ultimate goal is to minimize their losses, even if it means drastically underpaying each claim. Sometimes insurance companies even challenge workers' comp cases in efforts to deny compensation and benefits. In order to avoid this from happening, try to avoid making any of the following mistakes:
- Lying to your insurance company or your employer- This should go without saying, but it is never wise to lie whether you are testifying under oath or not. When injured workers' exaggerate their stories or lie and make up facts in order to be taken seriously it can often come back to haunt them. It is safe to assume that the truth will come out and the insurance companies will hear about it and then your credibility will be diminished completely. There could also be legal consequences for lying in workers' comp cases and it could be considered fraud.
- Skipping doctor visits for a prolonged period of time or missing your appointments- During a workers' comp case it is very important that you are consistent about following up with your doctor. This shows that you are serious about your treatment and it also is a sign to the insurance companies that your injuries are very much real. When you avoid contacting or visiting the doctor or you miss your doctor's appointments then they could begin to wonder if you are truly injured.
- Passing up light work opportunities that come available- If your employer knows that your injuries affect your work abilities and they choose to offer you a job with lighter duties and responsibilities you should not be afraid to try it out. Refusing possible work will make you look lazy and it could even jeopardize the current benefits that you are receiving.
- Failing to disclose your full injury history- If you are not honest and upfront about past injuries that you have sustained and the insurance companies finds out, then they could try and use this against you. Always be sure to tell them everything from the start so that nothing comes out to jeopardize your claim later on.
- Not cooperating with the insurance adjustor- Typically in workers' comp cases you will be asked to give a statement under oath in front of a court reporter, this is referred to as a deposition. If you come across angry or you refuse to cooperate with them, it could have a negative impact on your case.
- Changing attorneys frequently- If you do not feel satisfied with your choice in legal representation and you keep switching attorneys, it could count against you. When injured workers do this the insurance companies could see you as being a difficult or unreasonable person.
- Not having realistic expectations regarding your claim- As you enter into your workers' comp case it is essential that you understand how much your case is and you have realistic expectations of the possible outcomes. If you start out asking far too much in compensation it could impede your chances of securing a fair injury settlement from the insurance companies.
Legal Help for Injured Workers Throughout North Georgia
AtKaleita Law Firm, LLC we serve the injured and help handle the complexities of workers' compensation claims. We bring almost three decades of experience to the table on every case.
Although we are located in Atlanta, we help clients in the following locations: Blairsville, Ellijay, Mineral Bluff, Blue Ridge, Fannin County, Pickens County, Canton, Gilmer County, Sandy Springs, Dalton, Hiawassee, Towns County, East Ellijay, Jasper, & Union County
"I was referred to his practice by my wife who was quite impressed with Atty Kaleita. I was very pleased with my experience at this office and the way he handled my case. Very knowledgeable, courteous, ..."Tokunbo W.
"I was injured in the apocalypse snow storm of Atlanta in 2014, I never intended or thought I would need an attorney to assist me with all the ongoing paperwork, needed to get me through this long and ..."Blanca
"Doug is an outstanding lawyer who I have worked with as co-counsel on several cases. I highly recommend Doug as a lawyer on the side of people."Steve